“If you passion is strong enough, it will get you there” – Manal Rostom
The Totalsports Runcrew had the privilege of meeting and accompanying Manal Rostom up Table Mountain.
For those of who do not know who Manal Rostrom is, here are some quick facts about this inspiring woman:
- She is a Runner, Cyclist and Mountaineer.
- She is 39 years old, and has achieved many firsts for an Egyptian, Arab and African women alike.
- First Hijabi woman to be featured in a Nike campaign and become one of the faces of Nike Pro Hijab in March 2017.
- First Hijabi to become a Nike running coach and trainer.
- First Arab person to step foot in Nike headquarters.
- She is the first Egyptian woman to run Great Wall of China marathon & summit Mont Blanc in the Alps.
- In total she has climbed 7 mountains and ran 11 Marathons, including major marathons such as Berlin, NYC, and Chicago.
These are a lot of firsts for one human being, but it doesn’t end there.
Manal changes and inspires many lives, such as the lives of women in the Hijab community. In 2014, Manal went through a life changing moment, her country was supportive of anti-hijab movement, and through this experience many women including her were conflicted about their identity.
Manal decided to stay true to her beliefs and decided to start an online platform called Surviving Hijab, where women can express their fears about wearing hijab on a daily basis. Since then, this community of likeminded women has grown and empowered many women around the world.
“Sport really impacts your life in an amazing way…you think better, perform better, you feel better, when you embrace sport as a serious part of your life. Go out for a run, hike a mountain, I believe 100% your brain functions better if you doing something for your body”
We have an exclusive Interview with Manal in the first episode of our Totalsports Talk, she shares her outlook on life and gives some valuable tips on how to live your best life!
Photo & Video Credit: Mario Ogle