ADIDAS TO HOST #HOMETEAMHERO CHALLENGE,
A GLOBAL DONATION RELAY FOR ATHLETES
TO GIVE BACK TO THE COVID-19 RESPONSE FUND
Today adidas revealed its upcoming #HOMETEAMHERO Challenge – a virtual sporting event for people around the world to unite and help make a difference by dedicating their physical workouts for good.
Taking place globally from 29 May to 7 June, adidas will donate $1 to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organisation (WHO) for every hour of tracked activity around the world, with the goal being to reach one million hours within the 10-day period.
Bringing together its global community of athletes to take part, the challenge is enabled by the collaboration between multiple activity tracking apps, including Garmin, Zwift, Polar, Suunto, JoyRun and adidas’ own suite of performance platforms – the adidas Running app and adidas Training app – which will house an extended selection of Guided Workouts led by top athletes such as FC Bayern’s David Alaba, Ultra runner Sabrina Stanley and Welsh rugby star George North.
The result of this collective effort is the creation of a global digital sports event, where everyone is invited to participate to help reach the goal of one million hours. All minutes matter, regardless of sport, discipline, ability or current stage of lockdown. Whether you’re indoors or outdoors, your minutes matter.
ONE MILLION HOURS. EVERY ACTIVE MINUTE COUNTS.
How to join the #HOMETEAMHERO Challenge
- Download and login to the free adidas Running app or adidas Training app.
- Optional: Link your Garmin/Polar/Suunto/Zwift device to the adidas Running or Training app.
- Sign up to #HOMETEAM Heroes Challenge in the adidas Running or Training app from Monday 18 May.
- The #HOMETEAMHERO Challenge will run from Friday 29 May to Sunday 7 June, so track your 1-hour activities during this period (adidas will donate $1 for every one-hour logged, up to one million hours).
- You can track the following sports: running, training (within the adidas Training app), walking, cycling, strength training, aerobics, treadmill, ergometer, hiking, mountain biking, yoga, elliptical, inline skating, Nordic walking, race cycling, wheel chairing, trail running, handcycling, spinning, virtual running, virtual cycling, skateboarding, soccer, basketball, dancing, tennis, rugby, boxing.
The #HOMETEAMHERO Challenge forms part of the company’s ongoing efforts to ensure relief is distributed to where it’s needed most. To date, adidas has produced thousands of face shields for U.S. healthcare workers in collaboration with Carbon, they’ve made a €3 million donation to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organisation with a further donation of €2 for every item over €20 purchased online, and they’ve assisted with ongoing provision of masks to medical communities in South Korea, Europe and the United States.
In South Africa, adidas will be donating over 2700 products to healthcare workers. Additionally, a percentage of sales made in adidas stores in May and June 2020 will be donated to The Kolisi Foundation in support of their Covid-19 relief initiatives. Lastly, the company has established a staff donation platform within the Emerging Markets region that will support a number of South African feeding programmes.
Follow the @adidasZA #HOMETEAMHERO Challenge on Instagram, or sign up to receive updates.
Download the adidas app here: https://adirun.app/zU46