- The new adidas Ultraboost 19 showcases the future of run ning, giving runners maximum energy return for a highly responsive experience.
- Reconstructed from 17 pieces to just four cutting-edge components, adidas reinvents iconic running shoe.
- adidas celebrates how runners transform themselves with its ‘Recode Running’ campaign.
- The adidas Ultraboost 19 will be available worldwide from 21 February 2019.
South Africa, 12 February 2019 – adidas unveils the all-new Ultraboost 19, the most responsive, energy-charged version of the iconic running silhouette to date. This shoe was inspired by a new era of running. A type of running that is more creative and sociable than ever before. To celebrate this, adidas has launched its ‘Recode Running’ campaign that champions how runners are transforming the sport every time they run. The trailer explores how runners from all over the world are ripping running apart and sticking it back together in creative ways.
Early supporters of the new adidas Ultraboost 19 include global athletes and entertainment influencers, such as South African track and field star Wayde van Niekerk, footballers Lionel Messi, Paulo Dybala and Paul Pogba, Hollywood actor Chadwick Boseman and style icon Kendall Jenner.
The reimagined shoe features:
- Optimised BOOST, with 20% more BOOST in the midsole to inject more energy into each step.
- Brand-new Torsion Spring to propel you forward effortlessly. The result of this high-tech configuration is a shoe that blasts back more energy, so that every stride is full of power with no energy wasted in the transition.
- The 3D Heel Frame cradles the foot on impact, providing enhanced support and stability.
- The pioneering one-piece Primeknit 360 upper snugly wraps the foot for lightweight comfort.
UltraBOOST 19 will be available at Totalsports retail stores and online from 21 February 2019, at a retail price of R2999.95.